The content of an article should correspond to the stated topic areas of the journal.
The journal accepts research articles on condition that:
- the work has not been previously published in another journal;
- the work is not being considered by another journal;
- all co-authors agree on the publication of the article.
Articles are accepted only in the form of the original text by the author. Cited material, constituting not more than 10% of the entire text, must be accompanied by appropriate references to the source.
In submitting an article to the journal, the author agrees that its complete text may be placed on the Internet.
Authors agree to have their data collected and processed for inclusion in the database in pursuance of the Law of Ukraine No. 2297-VI "On Protection of Personal Data" of 01.06.2010. The names and email addresses specified by users of the website of this publication will only be used for internal technical purposes; they will not be distributed or transmitted to unauthorized persons.
The language of the manuscript in English.
The content of the article is the responsibility of its author, not of the Editorial Board or of the publisher of the journal.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
The first page is to contain the title of the article in boldface, capitalized and centred. Below that appear: the name(s) of the author(s); affiliation(s), city, country, e-mail address(es), 14 point body.
The article should consist of the following parts:
- Abstract 200-250 words, preceded by the author's surname and given name(s), and the title of the article (in the language corresponding to that of the abstract); the body of the abstract should be presented in italics, using 12-point text;
- Key words 5-7 words or word combinations;
- The main body of the article should contain at least three subheadings;
You must read and acknowledge that you have completed the requirements below before proceeding.
- Submission not previously published, nor offered to another journal for consideration (unless an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- For one A4-format page size: Times New Roman font, 14 pt size; 1.5 line spacing; 3 cm left margins, 1 cm right margins, 2 cm top and bottom margins.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Guidelines for Authors.
1. Basic formulation in MS Word.
2. Line spacing of the text: single spacing.
3. Length: minimum 6,000 words, maximum 10,000 words.
4. The total actual page size, including all margins, will be 210 mm x 297 mm (A4).
5. Margin settings: top – 20 mm; bottom – 20 mm; left – 25 mm; right – 15 mm.
6. Font: Times New Roman, 14-point text.
7. Indent the first line of each paragraph by 5 mm (apart from the first line of a section, which should not be indented).
8. Textual material exceeding two lines which is a quotation, or which the author chooses to highlight, is to appear in 12-point text; is to be indented 5 mm from both the left and right margins; to be separated from the text above and below it by one (14-point) line space.
9. Double quotation marks (double inverted commas) are to be used for quoted words and phrases, except in the case of a quote within a quote. Quotations within the text should be formatted as follows: "According to C. Shevelov (Shevelov, 2012), or (Smith, 2014: 3) in which "3" refers to the number of the page on which the quoted material appears. Footnotes should include Comments and notes. Any examples should be italicized and numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals.
10. The referencing system to use: The Chicago Manual of Style (the author-date system) (see http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/tools_citationguide.html).
11. All images (including photographs) must be included in the main Word file; images should always have a resolution of at least 300 dpi at the size at which they will be printed. Images should not be inserted into Word at more than 100% of their original size, as this will cause a loss of quality. Refer to your pictures or illustrations as, e.g., Fig. 3. The standard fee covers black and white images. If any graphic objects are in colour, an additional fee is payable for each item: 80 UAH for domestic authors or 20 US Dollars for international authors. Authors desiring to submit graphic items should discuss their intentions with the Editor-in-Chief before submitting them by email.
12. Include all graphs, diagrams, tables, which must appear in the main Word file, and the text of table captions should be in boldface. Tables, diagrams and graphs should be identified using captions such as "Table 2" and "Diagram 3".
Editorial Office Address: Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University, the Conversational English Department; office 408, 415.
Phone: +38 0506748521